Yes. Please be prepared. Before your appointment, take a look at your transcript on Banweb. It is important that you know exactly what classes are on it.
Bring the following with you to your appointment:
- The flowchart with classes crossed off that you’ve already completed and are currently taking.
- A list of any classes on your transcript that you don’t know where they belong on the flowchart.
- A list of classes that you plan to take next semester and beyond, even if it is a rough draft. The semester planning worksheet will help with this.
- Anything we worked on during previous appointments.
- The folder containing advising handouts that you got during orientation or when you changed majors.
Copies of the advising handouts are also available on the department’s Advising Handouts webpage. Appointments with an advisor may be made using the University email system.