The CM degree at Michigan Tech requires 131 credits plus 3 credits of co-curricular classes (physical education). What classes are required for you depends on when you started at Michigan Tech, known as your catalog year. The requirements are all posted on our advising webpages, and we made a video walking you through the process for planning out your degree.
Here’s the basic process.
- Go to our advising webpage and select Undergraduate — Advising — Plan Your Schedule
- Print out the course requirements (4 year plan or 5 year plan), the General Education Requirements, the co-curricular requirements, and the Technical Elective requirements that go with your catalog year.
- On your 4 (0r 5) year plan, cross off any courses for which you already have credit.
- Print out a blank Academic Plan worksheet.
- Fill in the Academic Plan worksheet with all the remaining courses.
There is a great deal that goes into that step “5” up there, and we’ve made some videos to help you find your way through the process. Once you have a good rough plan, you may wish to make an appointment with a CM advisor to make sure that you’ve got all the details right.
That’s it! Welcome to Michigan Tech Chemical Engineering–We’re glad you’re here.