The Jackson Center for Teaching and Learning invites MTU instructors to participate in a book club this fall focused on digital accessibility. Join with your faculty colleagues as we read about the importance of addressing digital accessibility in your classes to ensure they are inclusive for all your students. We’ll review related policies and laws, best practices for addressing digital accessibility issues in your course materials, and identify opportunities for additional professional development.
Book: Guide to Digital Accessibility: Policies, Practices, and Professional Development, Edited by Rae Mancilla and Barbara A. Frey. The book will be provided to all participants.
The CTL Book Club will meet weekly (for six weeks) beginning the week of October 2 thru the week of November 13 (no meeting during the October 19 recess week). Specific dates/times will be determined based on feedback from participants. A minimum of five people are required for the book club to proceed, with a maximum capacity of 12 participants. Please submit your registration to our book club form no later than September 30 .
Meeting Dates (chapter selections may be modified):
- Week of October 2: Digital accessibility in higher education (historical perspective laws, standards)
- Week of October 9: Quality Matters Standard 8 (accessibility & usability)
- Week of October 23: Designing inclusive and accessible online & hybrid courses
- Week of October 30: Scenarios and solutions for accessible courses
- Week of November 6: Digital accessibility awareness
- Week of November 13:Technology tools to support digital accessibility
Contact the CTL (email@example.com) with any questions or for more information.