Do you currently use iClicker Cloud to poll students during class?…do you wish you could poll students outside of class….say after a chapter reading to gauge their level of understanding of the content?
With iClicker Cloud’s new asynchronous Assignment feature you can create low-stakes assessments that can be completed outside of class and at a student’s own pace.
Examples of when to use iClicker Cloud Assignment
- Before class – gauge students’ understanding or preparedness for upcoming lectures, chapter readings or homework understanding.
- During class – for small group activities.
- After class – to support homework activities.
Setting up iClicker Cloud Assignments
Within the iClicker Cloud Instructor Website, you can create questions for the iClicker Cloud Assignment.
- Create your lecture slides as you normally do. Include a slide for each iClicker question. iClicker Cloud Assignment supports Multiple Choice, Short Answer and Target question types.
- Extract your iClicker question slides from the main presentation. A separate file that contains only question slides can be used in an iClicker Cloud Assignment.
- Export the question slides file as a PDF.
- Go to the iClicker Cloud Instructor Website and create the assignment.
- Add the assignment details and upload the PDF that contains the question slides.
- Format the Assignment. The assignment has now been added to your “Assignments” page where you are able to manage, edit, view grades and export grades to your LMS.
- Based on the release date that you set for the assignment, students will now be able to see the assignment(s).
- Scores from completed assignments can be manually uploaded into Canvas.
Student access to Assignments
Be sure to let your students know that you are now using Assignments in iClicker. A student can complete the assignment by finding the instructor’s course in their list of courses and selecting Assignments from the menu. Here is a helpful guide to provide your students on Accessing an Assignment in iClicker Reef.
If you have questions about using iClicker Cloud Assignments, Canvas, Zoom or Huskycast, feel free to contact us at email@example.com