Outstanding students, staff, and a special alumni were honored April 19, 2019, for Michigan Tech’s 25th Annual Student Leadership Awards Ceremony.
Keynote speaker Andrew H. Baker ’11 ’14 (MS, PhD MSE), won the Outstanding Young Alumni Award. He is currently working for Boeing Company and active in his professional organization The Minerals, Metals, & Materials Society.
Congratulations to all of the 2019 winners:
- President’s Award for Leadership: Jack Hendrick
- Dean of Students Award for Service: Elise Cheney-Makens
- Exceptional Leadership in Student Governance Award: Apurva Baruah
- Exceptional Enthusiasm as Student Leader Award: Ben Metzger
- Student Employee of the Year: Jessika Rogers
- Rising Star of the Year: Logan Alger.
- Outstanding Future Alumni: Magann Dykema
- Exceptional Program of the Year: Economics Club’s 2018 KHOB Economic Outlook
- Most Improved Student Organization: Alpha Psi Omega Theatre Honor Society
- Exceptional Community Service Project: Elise Cheney-Makens, Science Fair Mentoring Program
- Claire M. Donovan Award: Joel Isaacson
- Student Organization of the Year: Inter-Residence Housing Council
- Percy Julian Award: Ron Kyllonen
- Student Organization Advisors of the Year: James DeClerck, Delta Upsilon and Jean DeClerck, Alpha Sigma Tau
- The Provost’s Award for Scholarship: Tessa Steenwinkel, Biological Sciences
- Exceptional Graduate Student Leader: Karina Eyre, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Exceptional Graduate Student Scholar: Miles Penhale, ME-EM
- Exceptional Graduate Mentor: Melissa F. Baird, Social Sciences
- Exceptional Staff Member: Brittany Buschell, Geological and Mining Engineering and Sciences
- Sorority Woman of the Year – Greta Colford, Alpha Gamma Delta
- Fraternity Man of the Year – Trevor Peffley, Sigma Rho
- Sorority of the Year – Alpha Gamma Delta
- Fraternity of the Year – Phi Kappa Tau
By Student Activities.