Greetings!

My name is Jon Sturm. I was born in Kalamazoo, MI and moved to a town called Kingsford in the U.P. at a young age. My dad’s side of the family has lived in Kingsford for four generations. I am pursuing a degree in chemical engineering at Michigan Tech. Even though the classes can give me more stress than I need at times, the people I have met here and the experiences I’ve had have been amazing. When I am not in class or at work, I enjoy hanging out with my friends, working out, and being outside (hiking, fly fishing, hunting, etc.)

Although my favorite subject is chemistry, I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about Lean facilitating and continuous improvement. I love how the principles are applicable to a seemingly endless list of real-life situations. I am excited to finish the Canvas training and have my duties around the office expand and develop.

One response to “Greetings!

1. Jon, congratulations on finishing your Canvas training as a Lean Process Improvement Coordinator. It was nice meeting you at your office’s virtual huddle yesterday…..I was quite impressed by the virtual huddle board that was in use and how it functioned will to replace an in-person huddle. I look forward to working with you on upcoming kaizen events! Welcome aboard.