“Tenacious problem solving and critical thinking skills distinguish our alumni,” says Janet Callahan, Dean of the College of Engineering at Michigan Tech.
“And yes, there must be something about the relentless snow in Houghton that contributes to tenacity,” adds Callahan. “Like tea steeping in hot water, our alumni were soaked in snow, emerging with the flavor of tenacity.”
- Engineering Alumni Total: 47,359
- Engineering Alumni in Michigan: 17,000+
- Engineering Alumni Abroad: 1,200+ in 88 countries
- U.S. employers hiring our engineering graduates in 2018: 500+
- Average engineering graduate starting salary: over $61,000/year
- High Alumni Salaries: second highest in the state
- Engineering Alumni by Academic Department:
- Biomedical Engineering: 838
- Chemical Engineering: 4,491
- Civil & Environmental Engineering: 9,132
- Engineering: 71
- Electrical & Computer Engineering: 10,112
- Engineering Fundamentals: 194
- Geological and Mining Engineering and Sciences: 3,984
- Materials Science and Engineering: 3,246
- Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics: 15,291
Check out all the Michigan Tech Facts and Figures here.
Have some alumni facts to share? Reach out to us at email@example.com.