This snippet is used to embed charts on your page from a data source such as Google Sheets. You can select from various chart types and include a chart title and axis titles.
- Enter the chart title in the Title field if desired. This will display above the chart in bold font.
- Enter the name of the type of chart you want to display in the Type field. Enter area, bar, column, line, pie, or stepped.
- Enter the title for the horizontal (x) axis in the Horizontal Axis Title field if desired.
- Enter the title for the vertical (y) axis in the Vertical Axis Title field if desired.
- Legend Position will determine where the legend will display in relation to the chart. Leave it as bottom or change it to right or none.
- In the Data Source URL field enter the URL for the data source.
- If you are using a Google Sheet, make sure that the share settings are changed so that anyone with the link can view it.
- Change the URL to be like
- where yoursheet is the ID for your spreadsheet, normally after /d/and before /edit?ts= in the URL of the live sheet (it’s usually a long string of random letters and numbers)
- and yourgid is the gid for the tab within the sheet as found in the URL of the live sheet.
- The /a/mtu.edu part of the URL should only be used if it is in the live URL of your sheet.
- Leave Width at 100% unless there is a specific reason to not use the full space.
- Height (in pixels) can be adjusted if needed.
- Features and Options fields are not used at this time.