Snippets are inserted into an Editable Region to create styled widgets. From the toolbar, click the Insert Snippet icon. Snippets can be added directly in the region or often nested within other snippets.
A few snippets are very simple. When you insert the snippet, the layout of the final widget shows up and you just change the default text. Read about these What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) snippets.
- Stylized Heading 2 Options (can be used in place of a regular Heading 2)
- Ranking (Inline)
Table Transformation Snippets
Most snippets are a table in the editor that then transforms and encodes the information into the widget when you save. For these snippets, you will enter certain content in the available fields (available fields are always white), change the existing text that appears, or select options from a drop-down menu. The instructions for each snippet will tell you what is needed in each field.
- Boxed Sections (Columns/Borders)
- Buttons in a Row
- Class Descriptions (normally used by academic departments only)
- Faculty/Staff Content Single
- Faculty/Staff Listing Multiple
- Gift Box (you must have a Michigan Tech Fund account)
- H2 Top Title with More Links
- Image Auto Grid
- Image Gallery | Thumbnails
- Image with Caption
- List Unordered Classes
- Named Testimonial
- Pop-up Text
- Random on Refresh
- Ranking (Standalone)
- Row w/ Background
- Row w/ Left Image
- RSS Feed Combined
- Sidebar Right: Box
- Sidebar Right: No Box
- Sidebar Right: Graduate Program Contact (only used on graduate program pages)
- Social Icons
- Video/360 Image
Note: If you notice that the snippet content does not appear in the preview when you save, you have most likely not entered all of the required information for the snippet or entered something incorrectly.