You can upload files to the CMS in order to link to them on a webpage. Types of files you can upload include audio, video, PDFs, Microsoft Office files, and more. These files have a size limit of 1GB each. After uploading, you must publish the file.
There are two ways you can upload a file.
Pages List View
From the Pages List View navigate to the folder in which you want the file to reside. You can simply drag a file from your computer to the screen. Look for the green highlight at the top of the screen and release the mouse button. Your file must meet naming requirements for this to work. The file must include only lowercase letters, numbers, no spaces, and no special characters except hyphen (-).
You can also click the Upload button at the top of the screen.
- Type: Choose Upload Files
- Click the green +Add or drag your file from your computer to this window (skip the next step if you drag and drop).
- Select the file from your computer.
- If the filename does not meet the requirements of only lowercase letters, numbers, no spaces, and no special characters except hyphen (-) it will appear in red. Hover over it and select Rename to change the name it will have in the CMS. Be sure to keep the .pdf or other file extension in the filename. Once you type the new name, click outside the text box. DO NOT press enter.
- You can add multiple files at one time.
- When all files are added click the Start Upload button.
- Publish all of the files you uploaded.
Watch a video to see the process for uploading a file from the Pages List View.
Within an Editable Region
While you are editing content in an editable region you can upload files.
- Highlight the text that will be linked to the file.
- Click the Insert/Edit Media button for a video or the Insert/Edit Link icon for other file types.
- Click on the file icon next to the URL field.
- Select the location where you want the file to be saved on the left.
- Click the Upload button at the top of the window and continue as you would with the Pages list view method.
- You must return to the Pages List View to publish the files you uploaded.
Watch a video to see the process for uploading a file within an Editable Region.
Replacing a File
To replace an existing file with a new version, use the Pages List View method. When the new file is added to the list of files to be uploaded, be sure it is named the same as the existing file. If it is not, hover over it and select Rename. Type in the correct name. Select the Overwrite Existing checkbox to replace the file and click Start Upload. This will maintain all the existing CMS links to the file.
Watch a video to see the process for replacing an existing file.