Use this snippet to display a feed of news, blog posts, or events on your page. You can combine multiple feeds. This snippet includes a styled heading and the option for buttons or social media links in the heading. This is an advanced function.
This snippet has been replaced with the RSS Feed Combined snippet!
There are two ways to post events to our Events Calendar:
General Campus Community
- Use the large, gold “Submit an Event” button on the calendar homepage
- Login to the calendar using the link in the header
- Once logged in, click the “Calendar Admin” shortcut in the header
- Click the “Add an Event” button
Please note that calendar admins have access to additional fields that do not exist on the public event submission webpage.
If you are a calendar admin, please use the event submission form available through your Admin login, as specified above.
Tips for Posting an Event
The following is a step-by-step guide for filling out your event information:
Our new Events Calendar has been a huge success so far, with over 43,000 views in the past month, representing an 85% increase in calendar use compared to last year. We have learned a few things along the way and want to explain a few changes that we have made, along with some best practices, and new features.
Consider the following scenario:
- Career Services adds Career Fair to the calendar
- Many different departments want to put this event on their calendar as it is a very popular event
- Some departments use the Contact Us form to have the event properly added to their own department’s calendar
- Some departments duplicate the event onto their calendar
- We end up with 7 copies of the same event floating around in the system, causing user confusion
- The original event now appears to involve several departments instead of only the originator (in this case, Career Services)
Sounds like a nightmare, doesn’t it? Luckily, we have made some adjustments and have developed some ‘best practices‘ to alleviate this common issue.