We want you to work with us to provide Michigan Tech the best recreational opportunities possible! Find your fit from the positions listed below and submit an application soon!
- Apply at Athletics & Recreation Student/Temporary Employment Application. Deadline to apply is March 28!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Summer 2021 employee schedule runs May 10 – August 29 (unless noted otherwise). Building closed on 5/31 and 7/4.
- For general questions, check out www.michigantechrecreation.com for more information on our programs and offerings.
Student Development Complex (SDC), Gates Tennis Center & Tech Trails
The Student Development Complex (SDC) is a 235,000 square-foot complex that provides a wide range of recreation and fitness options for students, faculty, staff and the community. There are multiple positions that have a profound impact on the success of the SDC. These team positions include:
- Office Assistant (SDC Manager’s Office, Central Ticket Office, Gates Tennis Center)
- Desk Attendant (Multipurpose Room, Fitness Center)
- Laundry Attendant
- Custodial Support and Event set up
- Skate Guard
Outdoor Adventure Program (OAP)
The Outdoor Adventure Program (OAP) provides the campus and the community with opportunities to take advantage of outdoor recreation in the area. We provide outdoor equipment rentals, trips and clinics, manage the Indoor Climbing Wall and High and Low Ropes Course, assist with maintaining the Disc Golf Course and more.. Summer positions vary from 15-35 hours/week and require a week of training May 3-7, 2021. Positions within the OAP include:
- Rental Desk Employee
- Trip Leader/Climbing Wall/Challenge Course Facilitator
- Special Events
- Bike Mechanic/Guide
- Paddle Sports Leader(canoe/kayak/paddleboard)
The SDC Swimming Pool comprises two pools, a lap tank and dive tank. We provide swimming lessons, lifeguard certification courses, open swim and lap swim, group rentals and P.E. Courses. Positions within Aquatics include:
- Pool Deck Attendant
- Swim Lesson Instructor
Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.