The Michigan Tech Gates Tennis Center will open to current students and Gates members on Monday, August 31. The facility is implementing an enhanced cleaning schedule based on guidelines from the CDC and recreation facility standards.
To ensure the health and safety of users the facility is moving to a block schedule. The new schedule will run for the entirety of the fall semester (Aug. 31–Dec. 20). Users can make reservations online or by calling the front desk at 906-487-2774. To request access to the online reservation system for booking court times on your own, please email email@example.com.
Gates Tennis Center Health and Safety Measures
After much research on the best practices for reopening tennis facilities, the below are some, but not limited to, health and safety measures and guidelines that are taking place at the Gates Tennis Center:
- All members and rentals must fill out the COVID-19 Visitor Symptom Tracking Form before arriving.
- All faculty/staff/students must fill out the COVID-19 Daily Symptom Tracking Form before arriving.
- Block scheduling includes closing for 30 minutes in between sessions to clean and sanitize all areas and frequent touchpoints.
- All front desk attendants will be wearing a mask.
- A mask is required when entering the building until you reach the tennis courts.
- The flow of traffic will be marked off. You will always enter and exit through the right side.
- The lobby area lounge will remain closed and furniture will be used as a barrier between both sides.
- The bleachers will be marked off with spots six feet apart so you can place your belongings there or sit.
- There will be extra wipes and hand sanitizer out if you feel more comfortable taking the extra precautions.
- Wash your hands before and after activity.
- Please refrain from touching your face during activity.
- If you need to move the curtains on the court to retrieve a ball that has rolled under, please use your racket to avoid touching the curtains.
- The court curtains will be cleaned each month.
- Restrooms and Locker Rooms will go through daily cleaning.
- We ask that you do not spend any unnecessary time at the tennis facility. If you are done with your match or hitting session, please exit in a timely manner.
- The ball machine can be used if you are a member as it is included in your membership. It is currently not available for outside rental.
- Tennis racquets will not be rented at this time, but pickleball equipment will be, as it can be sanitized.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 906-487-2774 with any questions.