“Turning Care into Action”
An online community enabling everyone from non-profit agencies to volunteers to work together and impact the community.
Community Partners or Affiliates are groups that advertise their events to the Michigan Tech community in search of volunteers.
Benefits of Community Partners
- One central space to seek out volunteers and advertise events.
- Allows volunteers to sign up prior to the event leading to better event planning.
- Events can be recurring, single day, or multi-day. This allows volunteers to sign up for various options that fit into their schedule and yours.
- This is a great way to build a community between Michigan Tech and your organization.
How to become a Community Partner?
Contact the Administrator with the following information:
- Name of non-profit organization or group.
- Description of organization or group.
- Address (if applicable)
- Point of Contact (POC) first and last name and email address.
- The website associated with the organization or group (if applicable).
Once this is complete and the administrator approves your request you will meet with the administrator. They will orient you on how to advertise your events to Michigan Tech volunteers.
Listing Events and Volunteer Opportunities
There are many different names for volunteering: events, tasks, shifts, etc. The intention is the same, these are opportunities where volunteers are needed to undertake an act of service for the betterment of the community. GivePulse allows a central database to seek out these volunteers.
Advertising a volunteer opportunity is simple. All you need is the basic information of Name, Date, Participants needed, and Description. Opportunities can be both in-person and virtual and will be advertised right away. Whether this is pre-planned event months in advance or a result of an unexpected need, we welcome all to be put on GivePulse.