Registration for the next Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) Open Water SCUBA Course will open next Friday (February 10) at 8 a.m.
The course is conducted over two weekends and includes:
- Ten hours of academic instruction (some coursework to be completed independently),
- Ten hours of confined water training (SDC Pool), and
- Four certification dives in Lake Superior (Marquette).
Upon registration, students will be given all required reading material and paperwork to complete prior to the start of the course. Students must be 18 years old and be able to swim 200 yards comfortably.
Course Dates and Times:
- Friday, March 24 — 5-10 p.m., SDC
- Saturday, March 25 — 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., SDC
- Sunday, March 26 — 8 a.m. to noon, SDC
- Saturday and Sunday, April 15-16, or Saturday and Sunday, April 22-23 — Open Dives in Marquette (exact location and time TBA)
Cost is $575 per person (includes all instruction, fees and training materials). The deadline to register is March 17.