Registration for the next Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) Open Water SCUBA Course opens tomorrow, Wednesday, September 13 at 8 a.m.!
The course is conducted over two weekends and includes:
- Ten hours of academic instruction (some coursework to be completed independently),
- Ten hours of confined water training (SDC Pool), and
- Four certification dives in Lake Superior (Marquette).
Upon registration, students will be given all required reading material and paperwork to complete prior to the start of the course. Students must be 18 years old and be able to swim 200 yards comfortably.
Participants are responsible for their own transportation to all class sites, including the SDC and dive location in Marquette.
Course Dates and Times:
- Friday, October 13 — 5-10 p.m., SDC
- Saturday, October 14 — 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., SDC
- Sunday, October 15 — 8 a.m. to noon, SDC
- Saturday and Sunday, October 21-22, or Saturday and Sunday, October 28-29 — Open Dives in Marquette (exact location and time TBA)
Cost is $575 per person (includes all instruction, fees and training materials). The deadline to register is September 28, 11:59pm.