The Pages List View provides access to functionality relating to creating new content, uploading, and editing content. It provides a view of the pages, files, and directories that make up the site, and the additional functionality that is available for each file and directory. You can get to this area from the Content button in the global navigation bar or Content>Pages.
The folders in this view are organized by site with the folder name being the site url following http://www.mtu.edu/, e.g. mtu.edu/umc/. Within each site folder the content is organized following the rest of the URL, e.g. mtu.edu/umc/services/digital/. Additional folders may be created to help with organization such as images and documents folders.
- Breadcrumb: Enables you to click a link to navigate to the parent directory or any direct ancestor directory. It includes the clickable Home icon to quickly navigate to the main list of sites. Clicking a linked parent or ancestor directory displays the files and subdirectories in that directory.
- New: The green +New button provides access to templates for creating new content.
- Upload: The upload button provides the ability to upload files.
- Filter: The Quick Search box will automatically filter the current list view as you start typing.
- Tag Icon: Clicking the tag icon will allow for filtering by tags.
- Advanced Search: Clicking this will bring up the advanced search modal for more specific searches including Content, Path, Title, Keywords, Description, Metadata, and Tags and will allow you to set the scope.
The list can be sorted by file type, file name, data/time it was last modified, and by status. Hovering over a row will reveal additional options under the Options heading. The list view includes the following columns:
- Checkbox: For selecting multiple items on which to perform an action. Selecting the checkbox in the column header selects all files listed, even if they are paginated (more items exist in the directory than are shown on the current page). Multiple content items may also be selected individually. When selecting files individually and navigating to other pages of content, the previously selected files continue to be selected. For files check out to the current user, Publish, Copy, and/or Move to Recycle Bin are available. When files check out to others are selected, only Copy is available.
- File Icon: This provides a visual indication of the file type; for example, media file, image file, PDF, Word document, etc.
- Name: Shows the file name and extension, which can be clicked to enter Preview mode.
- Status: Shows the icon indicating page status.
- Modified: Shows the date and time of the last save.
- Options: Additional actions and operations are available here when the file is selected via checkbox or hovered over.
Within options are the following menus, depending upon what type of item is selected:
- Edit Menu: The Edit menu allows you to navigate to the Edit view or Source Editor for the page and edit Reminders.
- Review Menu: The Review menu allows you to preview the page, save a version of the page, and view the Versions and Log for the page.
- Publish Menu: The Publish menu allows you to publish items, schedule a publish, submit for approval, and expire. This menu will only be available if the item is checked out to you.
- File Menu: The File menu allows you to perform various actions such as copying, moving, renaming, or moving a file to the Recycle Bin.