Last spring, the Center for Teaching and Learning’s second annual Creative Canvas Course Contest (C-4) saw students nominate Canvas courses from almost every department that they felt were intuitive and easy to navigate, provided convenient access to course information and materials, and offered resources and activities that helped them succeed.
Nine courses were selected:
- HU3151, Assistant Professor Lauren M. Bowen (HU)
- CH1160, Associate Professor Paul Charlesworth (Chem)
- FA3650, Assistant Professor Kalen Larson (VPA)
- MEEM3502, Professor of Practice James DeClerck (ME-EM)
- CS5821, Assistant Professor Timothy Havens (ECE)
- BUS1100, Lecturer Michele Loughead (SBE)
- MEEM4700, Professor Gordon Parker (ME-EM)
- UN5100, Professor Judith Perlinger (CEE)
- FW4370, Assistant Professor Joseph Wagenbrenner (SFRES)
After the results came in, some of the winners graciously provided short video course tours so that others can learn from the design features of their courses. The CTL Tip of the Week is brought to you by the Jackson Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL). If you see anything in these course tours that you’d like to emulate, but don’t know how, eLearning walk-in hours are available at the center, and as always, for help with Canvas at Michigan Tech, visit Canvas One Stop.