The Alumni Association Board of Directors has established a new award to recognize the considerable impact our alumni have on our world.
The Michigan Tech Alumni Humanitarian Award, established in 2010 to commemorate Michigan Tech’s 125th anniversary, will be bestowed upon alumni of Michigan Tech by the Alumni Association on behalf of the University. It will be presented to those alumni who, through their outstanding involvement and dedication, have made a significant contribution of volunteer leadership or service which has improved or enriched the lives of others and the welfare of humanity, and whose accomplishments reflect admirably on or bring honor to their Alma Mater.
Nominees will be evaluated on the following factors:
- Serves with distinction in a long term volunteer capacity
- Impacts the quality of life of others
- Demonstrates leadership and a creative ability to deal with human problems proactively
- Sets an example for others to follow with their actions and sacrifices
- Contributes in one or more of the following areas: health and human services, arts and culture, education, civic, or other areas.
Anyone may nominate a Michigan Tech alumnus/a for the award which may be given out annually, as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors. The deadline for nominations will be December 1st.
The nomination for can be found here
If you have any questions about the Nomination Process, or would like to submit a nomination by mail, fax, or phone, please contact Alumni Relations at 906-487-2400, toll-free at 1-877-688-2586, or firstname.lastname@example.org