A page includes several editable regions. A site’s homepage includes three editable regions and an interior page includes four. The editable region buttons are shown as green buttons on the page after you have clicked the Edit button in the Page Actions Toolbar. Additional Editable Regions can be found in the section properties files, discussed later in this workbook.
The following image shows the three of the editable regions of a page, each is edited separately from the other regions. One edit button corresponds to the intro content of the page, one for the main content, and the third to an additional content region. All sections are optional. The intro content region is formatted to be full screen width with a grey background and a partial gold bottom border. The main content region is the center area of the screen-width and the additional content region allows you to create full screen-width content.
When turned on, pages will also have two additional regions—Left Sidebar Content and Right Sidebar Content. Left sidebar content is the area beneath the left navigation and right sidebar content is the right sidebar.
Clicking a green Editable Region button allows you to edit that area using the TinyMCE content editor.
There are five editable regions for a Personnel Information—Biography Title, Biography, Specialties Left, Specialties Right, and Main Content. If you are pulling information from an existing profile, you will not need to edit any of the regions. You will use a special field in Parameters instead.
Clicking on a green Editable Region button allows you to edit that area.
- Biography Title: This is where you will set the heading for what is normally the Biography section. Full page listings only.
- Biography: This is where the biography content will be entered. Full page listings only.
- Specialties Left: This region can be used for Links of Interest, Areas of Expertise, or other content. You will create your own headings and use bulleted lists as needed. This will be the list on the left.
- Specialties Right: This region can be used for Research Interests, Job Responsibilities, or other content. You will create your own headings and use bulleted lists as needed. This will be the lists on the right.
- Main Content: This region of content will appear at the very bottom of the page. Full page listings only.