A page includes several editable regions. Editable regions are locations on the page where you can add or edit content. The editable region buttons are shown as green buttons on the page after you have clicked the Edit button in the Page Actions Toolbar.
The following image shows all the editable regions of a page, each is edited separately from the other regions. All regions are optional. The Intro Content region is formatted to be full screen width with a grey background and a partial gold bottom border at the top of the page. The Main Content region is the center area of the screen-width and the Additional Content region allows you to create full screen-width content.
When turned on in Properties>Parameters, pages will also have two additional regions—Left Sidebar Content and Right Sidebar Content. Left Sidebar Content is the area beneath the left navigation and Right Sidebar Content is the right sidebar.
Clicking a green Editable Region button allows you to edit that area using the TinyMCE content editor.
There are nine editable regions for a Personnel Information—Biography Title, Biography, Specialties Left Title, Specialties Left, Extra Specialties Left Title, Extra Specialties Left, Specialties Right Title, Specialties Right, and Main Content. If you are pulling information from an existing profile, you will not need to edit any of the regions. You will use a special field in Parameters instead.
Clicking on a green Editable Region button allows you to edit that area. Use the Save and Exit button to save your changes and be able to select another editable region.
- Biography Title (full page only): This is where you will set the heading for what is normally the Biography section.
- Biography (full page only): This is where the biography content will be entered.
- Specialties Left Title: This is the heading for the Specialties Left content.
- Specialties Left: This region can be used for Links of Interest, Areas of Expertise, or other content. Use bulleted lists as needed. This will be the upper list on the left.
- Extra Specialties Left Title: This is the heading for the Extra Specialties Left content.
- Extra Specialties Left: This region can be used for Links of Interest, Areas of Expertise, or other content. Use bulleted lists as needed. This will be the lower list on the left.
- Specialties Right Title: This is the heading for the Specialties Right content.
- Specialties Right: This region can be used for Research Interests, Job Responsibilities, or other content. Use bulleted lists as needed. This will be the list on the right.
- Main Content (full page only): This region of content will appear at the very bottom of the page.