Celebrate 40 Years! Class of 1980

9 Comments on "Celebrate 40 Years! Class of 1980"

• Brian Moore
    December 7, 2019 at 12:36 am

Great to hear from you…
    I really will try to make it up for the reunion.

Still living in upstate NY near the Adirondacks in Utica NY. An hour East if Syracuse and lake
    ONtario..
    I tell people here I’ve moved to a big
    City and warmer weather.

• Nancy Masnado & Tim Bloch
    January 14, 2020 at 11:20 pm

Tim with DTE Energy Regulatory Affairs (started out in the steam heating plant…thanks to thermodynamics!). Nancy with Eastpointe Schools as a Speech Pathologist.

Looking at retirement, but working a little longer to keep 2 of our triplets on the health care plan!
    One of them is doing her Master’s research at MTU right now & starting med school in June. The one not needing our health care is an MTU grad! So happy to have two of them experience the best university in the country (daughter #3 -Kent State grad- regrets not going to MTU).

We are always in Copper Country Alumni weekend, so hope to see you at Eagle Harbor Beach, the KBC, or at reunion activities!

• Mark and Linda Lefevre
    February 15, 2020 at 8:13 pm

Retired after 39 years with EJ in East Jordan MI

• Nancy Masnado Bloch
    August 5, 2020 at 6:09 pm

Well, no physical reunion at MTU or KBC this week, but we are physically distancing at Eagle Harbor beach this week. Nancy Masnado Bloch, Tim Bloch, Joe Tinetti & Theresa Carlton Clevenstine

• Lynn D. Sa (Prisk)
    August 6, 2020 at 8:03 am

After working as an engineer for IBM for sixteen years, I resigned to pursue my dream to “teach the future engineers of IBM.” This fall, I will start my seventeenth year as a physics teacher. I currently teach at the Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public High School in Worcester, Massachusetts. We are an International Baccalaureate school so I have the challenge of teaching Thermal Physics, Nuclear Physics and Astrophysics. I love physics and I love working with teens. It is the perfect career for me!

• Tommy Shook
    August 6, 2020 at 2:01 pm

+Hello-Am retired at 70 miles from MTU.Still love this country but then I was raised in it.I had many jobs but most were in sales.

• Melissa Goodwin (Row)
    August 7, 2020 at 12:28 pm

Hi,
    Ken Goodwin (’81) and I live in NW Indiana and are doing well. We both hired into Inland Steel in July 1981 after he graduated and moved to this area. I worked there until 2004 (IT) and he just retired from there last year after 38 years (engineering, analysis, purchasing, etc). We have two 30-something sons who are married who both have little daughters. This pandemic has certainly screwed up a lot of things, but we are blessed nonetheless. Stay safe!

• Mike Smaby
    August 7, 2020 at 2:41 pm

Celebrating 40th reunion on the north shore of Lake Superior

Hope everyone if doing ok.

• Barry Felton
    August 11, 2020 at 7:19 pm

Still working at the former Bethlehem Steel Plant in Burns Harbor, IN since spring of 1980, along with my wife (MTU as well). Enjoying CapEx project management for the corporation as well as the grand kids when I’m not at work. Still having fun water skiing and playing ice hockey although the COVID-19 situation did put a halt to things for a while. My best to everyone during these unusual times. Take care!