You are invited to participate in discussions and learn of opportunities to promote the increased participation of women with disabilities in STEM faculty careers.
A collaboration between North Dakota State University and the University of Washington funded by the National Science Foundation, AccessADVANCE aims to increase the participation and advancement of women with disabilities in academic STEM careers.
In the AccessADVANCE Community of Practice (CoP) participants share ideas and assist in the creation and dissemination of resources to encourage others to support women with disabilities. CoP members
- plan, attend, and recruit others to attend project training and capacity-building opportunities;
- ensure women with disabilities are invited to events that promote their pursuit of and support in academic STEM career positions;
- share strategies for making departments more welcoming and accessible to women with disabilities;
- discuss ways to build productive relationships with disability service offices that serve faculty;
- recruit women faculty and senior graduate students with disabilities to the e-mentoring community; and
- share resources.
You and your colleagues can join AccessADVANCE CoP by sending the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Position/ Job Title
- Postal Address
- Email Address