The Department Chair Professional Development Workshop Series aims to strengthen the abilities of department chairs to lead change by cultivating inclusive and supportive work environments for all faculty. Workshops will address the challenges of faculty evaluation, department culture, work-life integration, and diversity, equity and inclusion, with appropriate attention to the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on faculty careers. Facilitated workshop sessions are open to chairs from all four campuses as a way to share cross-institutional best practices.
Our virtual workshop is titled Come Together: Building an Equitable Department Where Faculty Want to Work and Stay. To accommodate schedules, this facilitated workshop is offered on two separate dates:
- Monday, October 4, 10:00-11:30am (CST): Zoom Registration Link
- Wednesday, October 6, 8:30-10:00am (CST): Zoom Registration Link
Department chairs are invited to sign up for one of the two workshop dates using the corresponding registration links. Workshop materials will be provided closer to the workshop date.
- Iowa State University, Dawn Bratsch-Prince, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michigan Technological University, Adrienne Minerick, email@example.com
- North Dakota State University, Canan Bilen-Green, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western Michigan University, Carla Koretsky, Carla.email@example.com
For general information, please contact: Katharine Hensley, ISU Faculty Success Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.