Volunteer for the Science Fair Mentoring Program held at Houghton Elementary School during the Spring 2019 semester. As a volunteer in this program you will:
- Serve as a one-on-one mentor to a 4th grade student and guide them through the process of creating their science fair project
- Be part of a team of volunteers and be provided with all of the necessary resources and training you will need
- Have additional opportunities to conduct experiments and demos with 4th grade classes
This program will run from early February to mid-March and will involve an approximately 2 hour per week commitment for the duration of the program. This is a great volunteer opportunity for anyone interested in:
- Pursuing graduate school in any discipline
- Improving your science communication skills and sharing your enthusiasm for STEM
- Inspiring young students
- Fulfilling your Leadership/Mentorship component
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out this form by December 14th.
If you have any questions or would like additional information contact Elise Cheney-Makens at email@example.com.